Free .pdf books by native authors! -
So while combing through the interwebs for .pdf books on unrelated subjects, I happened upon zinelibrary.info- an anarchist collective dedicated to the free distribution of radical literature. They have a lot of titles by authors mentioned in this post, as well as…
His exact words were, “A fucking reset button? Like fuck am I coming back to canonically nullify my character arc.” I still can’t figure out what he meant by that. —
Steven Moffat, on Christopher Eccleston’s absence from the 50th Anniversary. (via sea-change)
#lmao did christopher eccleston just give steven moffat the middle finger #and steven moffat still doesn’t understand that eccleston gave him the middle finger #bless
Christopher Eccleston just big time “fuck you”d the whole retcon of Gallifrey ending because it was a HUGE part of Nine’s character and it just
flew over Moffat’s head
and I think that summarizes Moffat’s writing really well
(Source: moffatsays, via bakerstreetgarrison)
whales are great
(Source: tncypk, via thinknorth)
This map should be included in every history book.
(Source: shakespeare-s-sister, via practicaleccentricity)
Eco Tips - Environmental Tips | Refuse -
- Refuse Products that Create Waste: If available, instead of buying processed food, bring your own bags and containers and buy from the bulk and produce sections of the grocery store. Minimize or eliminate other types of purchases that generate waste. The Johnson’s are a zero-waste family who offer tips and inspiration for creating a zero-waste household whlie creating a far more satisfying and affordable lifestyle.
- Avoid Single Use Products: Instead, choose (or bring) reusable products or consider doing without. Avoidingplastic single use items is especially important because of their toxic load and, if landfilled, exceptionally long life. These can include food and beverage containers, cups, plates, straws, writing pens, razors, diapers, towels, shopping bags, etc.
- Refuse Give Aways: When a business or individual offers you a free give away that you don’t need, politely refuse. This can be anything from a straw in a restaurant to promotional gifts to paper handouts. This not only saves the company or individual money, but it keeps resources from being consumed unnecessarily (even if it is recyleable).
- Worm Composting: Learn about worm composting (vermiculture) at Earthworm FAQ.
- Composting: Start a compost pile with yard trimmings and food scraps. Learn more at Wikipedia’s Compost page.
- Grasscycling: Leave grass clippings on the lawn as fertilizer and to reduce the amount of yard trimmings disposed in landfills.
- Mulching: Mulching mowers are available which will convert cut grass into a natural fertilizer.
- Resources: Links to great sites on everything from worm composting (vermiculture) to organic farming can be found at Useful Links.